1. Who are the awards for?
The St John Ambulance Everyday Heroes Awards are open to all –
the general public and our own people. We welcome applications from
individuals, businesses, public sector organisations, schools, and
For more information please check our award
Our awards recognise:
- Young Heroes
- Workplace Heroes
- Community Heroes
Only British and EU citizens and organisations resident in the
UK, except for Scotland, are eligible for an award. Entries from
Wales may be shared with St John Cymru Wales.
Please contact St Andrew's First Aid if you or your organisation
are from Scotland.
2. What is the deadline for nominations?
The nominations deadline was midnight on Sunday 17 June
Details of how to nominate for the 2019 awards will be announced
next year - follow St John Ambulance on Facebook and Twitter for the latest
3. Which award should I nominate for?
There are categories for young people, people in the workplace,
and people in communities. Please nominate for the one you feel
fits best. If it’s not quite right, the selection panel may put it
forward for an alternative category.
4. Is there a limit to how many awards we can enter?
There isn't a limit, but you will need to fill in a separate
nomination form for each award. We actively encourage people to
nominate both individuals and organisations.
5. What should I include in my form?
The selection panel make their decision solely based on the
information contained in your application, so take the time to
discuss all the important elements that set your submission
The selection panel are keen to learn about uplifting stories of
first aid excellence and how that directly impacted an individual,
workplace, or community.
6. What can workplaces get out of it?
Organisations nominating Workplace Heroes are making a statement
that they value the welfare of their employees, customers, and
suppliers. They are showing that they support and recognise the
commitment of their first aiders, who are often unsung heroes.
In addition, there are the following benefits:
- Recognition and respect for first aid success and hard
- PR opportunities post-awards, led by our award-winning PR
- Those celebrated at the Everyday Heroes Awards will be featured
on our event microsite.
- Heroes will receive a trophy and certificate to demonstrate
- Association with the values and good reputation of the St John
7. When and where?
St John Ambulance's Everyday Heroes Awards 2018 celebration and
dinner will be held at Hilton London Bankside on 24 September
8. How much does it cost to nominate?
Nominations are free.
9. How do I attend the awards?
purchase 2018 tickets online or to register your interest in
tickets, please email
10. How can I get in contact?
For queries regarding the awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 020 7324 4230.
For press enquiries, please call 020 7324 4213 or email email@example.com. For urgent media
out-of-hours enquiries, please call 07860711679.