We are pleased to be recruiting for the newly created role of Clinical Director, in this senior position you will be a member of our senior team and our lead for all clinical excellence, medical research and clinical development in The Priory of England and St John Ambulance.
In this role, you will manage key stakeholder relationships both internally with the Priory's National Clinical Officers; the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Paramedic; and externally, with healthcare organisations, NHS and academic societies. You will provide our senior management team with guidance, where you will act as the clinical authority and help shape our clinical strategy in-line with our goals.
As Clinical Director, you will;
- Manage the Clinical Directorate, recruiting, motivating and developing its members. Ensuring the team have the strength, resources, expertise, and credibility and are recognised as such throughout the Charity.
- Provide clinical oversight of service related activity including ensuring St John’s clinical work is fit for purpose to meet the needs of society as identified in the governing and strategic documents. To achieve this, you will liaise with the Director of First Aid services, the Priory Clinical Officers and the Head of Clinical Services to provide leadership, advice and guidance to volunteer and employed clinical staff throughout the charity.
- Take responsibility for the stakeholder management in clinical fields relevant to the charity's objectives, including the medical Royal Colleges, NHS and other statutory bodies, working closely with the Chief Executive, Priory’s National Clinical Officers and Prior to advance these relationships.
- Provide clinical input, advice and executive leadership to all members of the Senior Management Team and the Chief Executive. To report as required by the Chief Executive into the Board of Trustees and any relevant Trustee clinical committees.
- Advise upon academic activity in the charity, in collaboration with the Head of Strategy to stimulate research in areas relevant to the charity, and to advise the charity’s leaders on the implications of published research in our areas of interest.
As Clinical Director, you will be an experienced healthcare practitioner with a background in clinical practice relevant to the activities of St John Ambulance. You will also have experience in leading, coaching and developing multi disciplinary teams of healthcare professionals. You will be passionate about the development of clinical strategy and helping us to develop the journey of clinical excellence.
We are open to applicants who can commit to full time or part time, providing they can add significant value and successfully undertake the duties of the role in the given timeframe.
St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people. First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2,000 employees and 18,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
To apply for this role or for a confidential conversation, please email your CV and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, click apply to upload your CV.
The closing date for this role is 20 February 2018