Store Operator & Driver
'Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first aiders.'
St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people. First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
To achieve this, we provide a wide range of products and services to the community such as our workplace and community training, first aid support at events and our vital work with the emergency services with our ambulance operations. We generate around £100m per annum which we reinvest in delivering and campaigning for better access to first aid for everyone. By doing this, we can give people access to important skills that they wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to learn.
We are also passionate about campaigning to raise awareness of first aid so that everyone has access to life saving knowledge through our award-winning ad campaigns such as "The Chokeables" which is credited with saving at least 54 babies lives and recently won the Charity Film of the Year Award 2017.
About the Role
This Stores Operator & Driver will support the Rostering & Resources Team Manager in the performance of their duties, specifically the resourcing of equipment both consumable and non-consumable to venues. The role covers both Stores operations and driving so that the workforce can be fully utilised. It is a casual role to cover busy days and other requirements and will be based in London Park Royal.
- To carry out basic vehicle maintenance in accordance with the daily vehicle check procedure dictated by the vehicle check sheet before driving, and report any defects immediately in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To perform cleaning routines both internally and externally of vehicles, equipment and garage facilities, using the correct products to ensure the highest levels of infection controls are performed and recorded.
- Ensure all documentation (vehicle or equipment) is accurately completed and returned to line management at the end of each day.
- Ensure that vehicles are driven in accordance with the driving policy and while demonstrating vehicle sympathy and consideration for other road users
- To plan and undertake delivery routes in an efficient way.
- Conduct deliveries in a professional, positive and caring manner, ensuring a high level of customer service.
- To load and unload vehicles, accurately positioning stock and equipment as it is unloaded, and removing any waste or outer material to disposal.
- To assist with stocktake procedures.
- To maintain a high quality level of housekeeping and inventory control within the stores area at all times.
- To be professional when dealing with customers, suppliers and work colleagues including presentation in appropriately clean uniform.
Working at St John Ambulance - More than one way to save a life
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2,500 employees and 15,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
We believe that every team member is key to our success whether they work in Ambulance Operations, Marketing, Training or HR and our values of Humanity, Excellence, Accountability, Responsiveness and Team Work are embedded in everything we do.
We believe in setting our people up for success in a collaborative and positive environment where we are constantly open to change and new ideas.
Closing date: 5 August 2018
Interview date: 19 August 2018
Interviews will be held at St John Ambulance Park Royal, Central Way Park Royal London NW10 7FY
If you are a current St John Ambulance employee please apply here: Current employee
For all other candidates, or SJA volunteers wishing to apply, please click here: