Essential first aid (all ages)
This course deals with serious conditions and incidents. It is
ideal if you want to know what to do when faced with an emergency
involving a casualty of any age.
Who should attend?
This course is for members of the public who want to know what
action to take in any emergency and want to learn how to deal with
accidents and injuries.
St John Ambulance welcomes young people from the age of
12 onto all our community first aid courses. If
under the age of 16, you must
attend with a responsible adult member of the
family or guardian (two young people per adult).
What you will learn?
The course covers emergency life support procedures for adults,
children and infants.
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself and the casualty
- Adult, child and infant resuscitation
- Treatment of severe bleeding and chest pain
- Treatment of choking in adults, children and infants
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
Reserve your place on this course
Cannot find an Essential first aid (all ages)
course in your area? Try searching our Emergency life support (all ages)