Essential first aid (all ages)
This course deals with serious conditions and incidents. It is
ideal if you want to know what to do when faced with an emergency
involving a casualty of any age.
Who should attend?
This course is for members of the public who want to know what
action to take in any emergency and want to learn how to deal with
accidents and injuries.
St John Ambulance welcomes young people from the age of
12 onto all our community first aid courses. If
under the age of 16, you must
attend with a responsible adult member of the
family or guardian (two young people per adult).
What will you learn?
The course covers emergency life support procedures for adults,
children and infants.
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself and the casualty
- Adult, child and infant resuscitation
- Treatment of severe bleeding and chest pain
- Treatment of choking in adults, children and infants
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
Add-on options to this course:
- auto-injector demonstration (extra 30 minutes)
- or AED demonstration (extra 30 minutes)
If you are interested in adding either of these options to your
training, please call 0844 770 4800.
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
Is this training for me?
To learn first aid skills appropriate for use in the workplace
you should complete a
First aid at work or
Emergency first aid at work course. If you’re unsure what first
aid training is appropriate for your workplace, use our
free requirements calculator.
Reserve your place on this course
Cannot find an Essential first aid (all ages)
course in your area? Try searching our Emergency life support (all ages)