Paediatric first aid
This paediatric first aid course meets the requirements of the
Early Years foundation stage statutory framework.
The course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by
professionals, including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders,
looking after young children.
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the
requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can
also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in
Childcare and Education.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working with younger children - those
up to eight years old – or working towards an NVQ in Childcare and
What you will learn?
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies
involving young children as well as adults.
- First aid kit
- Action planning
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Choking (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign objects
- Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup).
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
Book your place on this course