Volunteer Support Administrator (Hastings Homeless Service)
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
The Hastings Homeless Service makes the difference by providing first aid to some of the most vulnerable members of the local community in Hastings & St Leonards and by improving quality of life through nurse-led primary healthcare, health promotion, mental health and social support, and advocacy to mainstream health and housing services.
To support this we need a volunteer administrator who is:
- available 3-10 hours per week;
- sympathetic to the needs of homeless and vulnerably housed people;
- with good communication and people skills, both in person and electronically;
- as well as good administrative skills;
- and is able to work on own initiative and willing to be adaptable.
The role will include:
- Electronic record keeping of client data;
- Taking and transcribing minutes of meetings;
- Preparation of training materials;
- Transcribing recorded client life story interviews;
- Other administrative and support duties to be agreed.
The role may also include:
· Assisting with conducting client life story interviews with homeless people;
· Conducting service user questionnaires.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact:
If you are a current St John Ambulance Volunteer please apply here: Current Volunteer
For all other candidates, or SJA employees wishing to apply, please click here: