Volunteering Opportunities - Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
Volunteering Opportunities in West Anglia - Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Saturday 10th February 2018, St John Ambulance, Dunstable, Hertfordshire
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bedford John Bunyan
- Bedford Pilgrim
- Hemel Hempstead
- Potters Bar
- St Albans
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Saturday 24th February 2017, 09:00 - 16:00, St John Ambulance, Argyle Way, Stevenage SG1 2AD
- Training for role - Operational First Aid course only - 10th,11th,17th,18th March 2018, 09:00 - 17:00, St John Ambulance Dunstable, Bedfordshire & Luton Fire and Rescue Services, Brewers Hill Rd, Dunstable LU6 1AA
Closing date for these opportunities is: Saturday 27th January 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Clare.Davison, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: