Volunteering Opportunities - Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
Volunteering Opportunities in West Anglia - Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Wednesday 11th July 2018, 18:30 - 22:00 hrs, St John Ambulance, The White House, Argyle Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AD
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bedford John Bunyan
- Bedford Pilgrim
- Hemel Hempstead
- Potters Bar
- St Albans
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Saturday 21 July 2018, 09:00 - 16:00, St John Ambulance, Argyle Way, Stevenage SG1 2AD
- Training for role - Operational First Aid course only - 11th, 18th, 25 August and 1st September, 09:00 - 17:00,St John Ambulance, Argyle Way, Stevenage SG1 2AD
You must be able to attend all of the dates.
Closing date for these opportunities is: 19th June 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Clare.Davison, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: