Volunteering Opportunities - Essex
Volunteering Opportunities in Essex
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a Volunteering selection session on:
- Saturday 16th June 2018 at St John Ambulance, One Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, CM1 2BN
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bishops Stortford
- Castle Point
- Frinton and Walton
- Leigh on Sea
- Little Thurrock
- Saffron Walden
- Stanway and Coggeshall
If you are successful, you will need to undertake induction & training for role and be available on ALL of the dates listed below. Please note that venue is in Rochford. If you are not available for all of the dates, please do not apply during this round of recruitment.
- Induction Event – Saturday 30th June 9.00 – 4.00pm – St John Ambulance -18 Rochehall Way, Purdeys Industrial Estate, Rochford, SS4 1LB
- Training for role - Operational First Aider, Saturday 14th July, Sunday 15th July, Saturday 28th July, Sunday 29th July - St John Ambulance - 18 Rochehall Way, Purdeys Industrial Estate, Rochford, SS4 1LB
- Closing date for these opportunities is: 2nd June 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Yvette Boreham, via email to: email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: