Volunteering Opportunities - Suffolk
Volunteering Opportunities in Suffolk
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Saturday 11th August 2018 at 10pm at St John Ambulance, St John House, 30 Samuel Court, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP4 2EL
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bury St Edmunds
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Saturday 26th August 2018 at St John House, 30 Samuel Court, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP4 2EL
- Training for role - (Operational First Aider) 1st, 2nd, 15th and 16th September 2018 at St John House, 30 Samuel Court, Ipswich, Suffolk. IP4 2EL
Closing date for these opportunities is: Saturday 28th July 2018 at 12pm.
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our District Volunteering Lead, Lawrie O'Brien, via email to: Lawrie.OBrien@sja.org.uk