County Priory Group Chair
County Priory Group Chair – Herefordshire
The Priory of England and the Islands is one of eleven international Priories of the Order of St John, and our work of providing care to people in need is carried out on behalf of the Priory by its subsidiary St John Ambulance, England's premier first aid charity.
County Priory Groups (CPGs) undertake the important work of the Priory at a County level and have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- liaising with Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant.
- responsibility for local Honours and Awards.
- organising the unique annual Order of St John Award for Organ Donation Ceremonies.
- fundraising for local St John projects, the Priory, St John Ambulance and St John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem.
- supporting local St John Ambulance units.
- promoting the faith aspects of the Order through St John County Chaplains.
We are currently seeking applicants for this exciting and important Priory role of Chair/Deputy Chair (please delete one role) for the County Priory Group in (County). Experience or knowledge of the work of St John is not essential, but would be a distinct advantage. However, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, commitment and an inclusive flexible style of leadership is essential. If you would really like to make a difference in your County and have the necessary skills required for this challenging but rewarding role, we would very much like to hear from you.
Closing date for this role is 29th June 2018.
If you would like additional information or to discuss the role in more detail please contact
Head of Priory & CPG Affairs
St Johns Gate
St John’s Lane
London EC1M 4DA
Tel 020 7324 4081
More information about our history can be found at www.stjohnengland.org.uk; www.orderofstjohn.org and www.museumstjohn.org.uk