Volunteering Opportunities - Norfolk
Volunteering Opportunities in Norfolk
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Wednesday 12th September at North Walsham Unit HQ, Preference Place, Bacton, North Walsham, Norfolk, NR28 9DR
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Kings Lynn
- Watton – No Youth
- Mulbarton – No Youth
- North Walsham
- Wroxham & Hoverton – No Youth
- Belton – Youth Only
- Martham – Youth Only
- Great Yarmouth
- Clinical Event Delivery Unit – HCP’s Only
- Thorpe & Hellesdon – No Youth
- Stoke Holy Cross – Youth Only
- Sprowston – Youth Only
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Saturday 29th September 2018 at North Walsham NHQ
- Training for role - Operational First Aid course, 7th, 13th, 14th and 21st October 2018 at North Walsham NHQ
Closing date for these opportunities is: Saturday 1st September 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact Chris Levis, District Manager, via email to: email@example.com