Volunteering Opportunities in (‘geographical name for the area covered by the advert including Cities, Towns, Council area, etc.)
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area: (delete as appropriate)
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Community First Responder: save lives by volunteering on-call to answer appropriate 999 calls in your local community.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
Saturday 8th September 2018 at St John Ambulance -One Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 2BN
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bishops Stortford
- Castle Point
- Frinton and Walton
- Leigh on Sea
- Little Thurrock
- Saffron Walden
- Stanway and Coggeshall
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction and training for role and be available on all the dates listed below. If you are not available for all the dates, please do not apply during this round of recruitment Induction Event.
Welcome Event (Induction) – Saturday 22nd September 2018 and will begin at 9.00am to conclude at 4.00pm, venue: St John Ambulance -One Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 2BN
Training for role - Operational First Aider:
- Saturday 6th October and Sunday 7th October,
- Saturday 20th October and Sunday 21st October
Training venue: St John Ambulance -One Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 2BN
Closing date for these opportunities is: 24th August 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Yvette Boreham, via email to: email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: