Volunteering Opportunities - Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
Volunteering Opportunities in Bedforshire and Hertfordshire
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area:
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Team Members: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Fundraising volunteer: help our frontline volunteers to deliver our first aid services in the community by helping us to raise money to fund these activities.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
The areas included in this vacancy are-
- Bedford John Bunyan
- Bedford Pilgrim
- Hemel Hempstead
- Hitchin and Stevenage
- Potters Bar
- St. Albans
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- 13th January 2019, at Dunstable Fire Station, Brewers Hill Road, Dunstable from 9:00am to 1:00pm
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
Welcome Event (Induction) - 27th January 2019 at Dunstable Fire Station, Brewers Hill Road, Dunstable from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Training for role - 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th February at Dunstable Fire Station, Brewers Hill Road, Dunstable from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Closing date for these opportunities is: 17th December 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Clare Davison at email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: https://volunteer.sja.org.uk/81139SVC