Homeless Service General Volunteer
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
What would you be involved in?
- Talking, listening, befriending and engaging with homeless and vulnerably housed clients at our drop-in clinics, making them feel valued by maintaining a supportive and non-judgemental attitude.
- Physical and mental health promotion within the boundaries of training received.
- Advocacy and signposting towards mainstream healthcare, housing and other services.
- Practical assistance for the nurse or podiatrist in setting up and clearing up after treatment.
- Other tasks according to Infection Prevention and Control procedures.
- Administering first aid as necessary, according to level of training received.
- Recording of client contact, providing information for monitoring purposes and handling these records in accordance with patient confidentiality and Data Protection Policy.
- Attending monthly evening training sessions and role revalidations.
This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitations Offenders Act.
For more information please contact: Roger Nuttall - email@example.com
The closing date for this post is: Tuesday 8th January, 2019.
If you are an existing SJA volunteer or employee, please here:
If you are external to SJA, please apply below: