First Aider - Liverpool University
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
As a first aid volunteer you will be trained to a high standard to provide first aid treatment to patients at events covered by St John Ambulance in the community, at concerts, sports events etc. at local, regional and national level.
No previous training is required – it will all be provided – we just look for a desire to help people and the readiness to deal with situations that can be distressing.
This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitations Offenders Act.
For more information please contact Danny Meadows at email@example.com
- The closing date for this post is 28th January 2019.
- Interviews will take place on the 4th February 2019 and this will take place at The Library, Liverpool Guild of Students, 160 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5TR starting at 19:00. The selection night will consist of a four minute CPR fitness test, an interview with a volunteer manager and ID checks for DBS.
- This will be followed by a Welcome Event that will take place on 2nd March from 10:00 until approximately 15:00.
- There will also be a First Aid Training course that will take place over four days (16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th March) from 09:00 until approximately 17:00
- All of the above events will take place at St John Ambulance Liverpool, 2 Edgar Street, Liverpool, L3 6JU. You MUST be able to attend all of the above events to be considered successful in this role.
If you are an existing SJA volunteer or employee, please apply here:
If you are external to SJA, please apply below: