Unit Manager - Cadet Unit
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
As Unit Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of your St John Ambulance Youth unit. You will do this by leading weekly meetings, organising other youth development activities and actively participating in the recruitment, training and retention of the young people and volunteers in your unit. You will ensure that they have a positive and rewarding experience in St John Ambulance, by equipping them with the necessary skills to fulfil our vision; ‘Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first aiders.’
This role is ideal for someone who has some management experience and wants to enhance their skills while doing invaluable work. This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitations Offenders Act.
The training we will provide for you in your first few months is as follows:
- Welcome programme introducing you to the charity and volunteer manager induction
- Role specific leadership and management training and first aid training
- Training on appropriate IT systems such as DIPS, MyData and CONNECT.
- Introduction to Safeguarding Level 1 and level 2
- A buddy/mentor (another Unit Manager) will be appointed to support you in your Induction period SJA will provide uniform appropriate to the role, excluding footwear. Please note that internal candidates will not be subject to repeating training or screening that they have already undertaken for their current role.
For further information, please contact Lewis Lane-Holmes at email@example.com.
For currently existing volunteers/employees of SJA, please apply here:-
For external candidates, please apply here:-