St John Ambulance Patient Transport Service Patient
Our commitment to you:
- We will aim to contact you before we arrive so that you know
when to expect us.
- We’ll help you to check that you have everything you need for
your appointment, like doctors’ letters, medication and any
equipment you need to bring with you.
- We’ll also offer to help you with practical things like making
sure your home is locked and you have your keys with you.
- We will escort you to our vehicle and make sure that you feel
as safe and comfortable as possible. If you need extra help with
mobility, we’ll help you, (for example, any equipment you need to
help you to move to and from our vehicle).
- We will take you to the right place and make sure that we leave
you in the care of the right person at your destination.
- When we bring you home, we’ll help you into your home safely
and make sure you are comfortable before we leave you and contact
your carer (if you have one).
- We’ll introduce ourselves by name and talk to you about what’s
happening throughout your journey with us. If you feel unwell
during the journey, we’ll care for you and help you all through the
journey until you reach your destination and if there is an
emergency during your journey, we’ll get in touch with the
additional medical help if you need it.
- If your appointment is running late, we will wait for you as
long as we can and if needed, we will arrange alternative help to
make sure that you get home safely.
Contact us for more information
up to receive more information from us.
For ambulance booking enquiries:
Tel: 0303 003 0106*
For partnership development enquiries:
If you are interested in working for us have a look at our vacancies.
*Calls charged at your standard network rate. Lines are open
Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.