Brighton Homeless Service
We run three drop in sessions a week, all staffed by
volunteers. Nurse consultations are available at the drop in
First Base, Montpelier Place
|Drop in session
||Mobile treatment centre on Brighton
||First Base, Montpelier Place
We are pleased to announce the opening of a new specialised
Podiatry clinic, predominantly for rough sleepers, with thanks to
the generous funding from the People’s Postcode Lottery.
(A podiatrist is also available some Thursday evenings.)
Most of our nurse consultations are for first aid, wound and
foot care, drug and alcohol related matters and skin disorders.
What we can do
- • Administer first aid
- • Treat wounds and change dressings
- • Discuss current health concerns
- • Specialised foot care with a podiatrist
- • Referrals to appropriate services
- • Give support and listen
- • Health assessments
- • Health promotion
- • Provide socks, shoes, space blankets, sun cream and other
- • Offer support attending health care appointments.
What we cannot do
- • Prescribe medication
- • Needle exchange
- • Provide transport or accommodation
We also provide an Advocacy and Transport service for homeless
patients at the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
We work closely with local voluntary and statutory support
agencies and in particular with Morley Street Homeless Healthcare
Service, which offers GP and nurse-led primary health care to
Read our full 2017 Service User Survey Report.
For more information and to enquire further please contact