Providing medical cover for your event
St John Ambulance is an *award winning provider of first aid at
thousands of events around the country each year.
When accidents or illness occur the skills of our
personnel are vital in preventing further harm and saving
lives. We provide essential support until the
emergency services arrive.
St John Ambulance are on hand to deliver first aid at
events across the country from major sporting
fixtures (including Wimbledon,
Premier League matches, the London
Marathon and the Grand National) and music
festivals (V Festival, Hard
Rock Calling and Beautiful Days) to carnivals, exhibitions and
expos, air shows, horticultural shows and county fairs. We
cover all kinds of large scale public gatherings, including Pride
festivals, the Notting Hill Carnival and various state and special
events, such as Royal
weddings and The London 2012
Olympic and Paralympic games.
We are trusted partners of the NHS and the
statutory ambulance service, the rescue services and many private
healthcare institutions, as well as being regularly commissioned by
trade associations, major venues and sports governing bodies to
provide medical cover. Registered with and regulated by the Care
Quality Commission, we are proud of our reputation for the
provision of safe, high quality care.
What event cover can St John Ambulance offer?
We provide first aid and medical services, tailored to the
requirements of each individual event.
Our resources include:
- qualified first aiders
- a nationwide fleet of professionally equipped ambulances and
suitably qualified crew
- registered nurses, paramedics and doctors
- mobile treatment centres and field hospitals
- the largest fleet of first aid Cycle Response Units in the
country, often arriving first on the scene
- response cars and mobile treatment centres
- resilient radio communications and mobile command centres
- the latest equipment, including oxygen therapy kit,
defribrillators, carry chairs and stretchers.
Find out how to get first aid cover for your event
or contact us on 08700 10 49 50 to
be put in touch with your regional St John Ambulance branch.
We will need to know the following information:
- Date and time
- Type of event
- Numbers attending/participating
- Any special requirements.
Once we have received your information we will carry out a risk
assessment and quote you for the level of cover we recommend.
The more notice you can give us, the more likely it is that we
will be able to provide cover for your event. Large events often
need planning beginning up to twelve months in advance.
Supporting our charitable work
Any surplus income from our commercial services helps to fund
our life saving work, including:
- teaching first aid in schools and communities
- providing free first aid guides to the public
- responding to local medical emergencies through our Community First Responder scheme
- helping those in need during times of flooding or extreme
*Winner of Supplier of the Year Award at the
Event Production Awards 2012
*Awarded Services to Football Award at the
League Managers Association 20th Annual Awards Dinner 2012