'Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first Aiders'
St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity.
Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
We provide first aid in the community, keep people safe at events, and work alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls.
As a certified IHCD technician (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification), you will provide compassionate, professional and high-quality patient care while responding to both emergency and non-emergency patient transport situations. To provide the best quality care to our patients and uphold our high standards, you will operate within IHCD & JRCALC guidelines as well as well as have the ability to recognise any potential safeguarding issues and report accordingly. Our ambulance crews are proud of providing a great patient experience, so you will ensure also that your vehicle and equipment is consistently maintained to an excellent standard. You will also help mentor and act as the clinical lead for lower-skilled grades.
- Assess, attend and transport patients and relatives in accordance with St John Ambulance policies and procedures, including JRCALC guidelines
- Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment in accordance with SJA Policy and submit within required timeframes to SJA management office
- Work within the relevant Scope of Practise (SOP) for the designated role and provide treatment up to the post-holder’s assessed ability in line with current best practice under IHCD & JRCALC guidelines
- Be aware of the patient’s social and environmental condition and report any Safeguarding matters to the appropriate person or body
- Uphold and comply with designated cleaning routines to including vehicles, equipment and areas of the garaging facilities to ensure that infection prevention and control standards are adhered to
- Carry out vehicle and equipment checks at the start of and during each shift to ensure the readiness of the vehicle, equipment and consumables to respond as required. Report all defects and damage in accordance with SJA policies and procedures
- Drive all vehicles in emergency/non-emergency situations legally and in accordance with the SJA driving policy while demonstrating consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient, vehicle sympathy and showing consideration for other road users
- When required act as the clinical lead and be responsible for the lower skill qualified member of Staff
As an IHCD Technician, you will have an IHCD Ambulance Technician certificate (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification), for this, you will receive over 6 weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays), a competitive salary and fantastic pension.
You must have;
- IHCD D1 & D2/ROSPA/IAM driving qualification or be able to progress to successful completion within 6 months of commencing the role
- An IHCD Ambulance Technician Certificate (or equivalent level 4 ambulance qualification)
- A minimum of one year experience in front-line emergency working.
If you are an experienced Paramedic, IHCD Tech, Associate Ambulance Practitioner, we would love to talk to you about joining the talented St John Ambulance team who are passionate about what we do.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding the role before applying, please email email@example.com.
Working at St John Ambulance - More than one way to save a life
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2000 employees and 18,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
We believe that every team member is key to our success whether they work in Ambulance Operations, Marketing, Training or HR and our values of Humanity, Excellence, Accountability, Responsiveness and Team Work are embedded in everything we do. We also believe in setting our people up for success in a collaborative and positive environment where we are constantly open to change and new ideas.
We are recruiting for multiple roles and will be in touch to discuss the role once we recieve your application.
Closing Date: 20 May 2018