How to organise your virtual party
- Pick a date and time that suits all your colleagues - invite as many people as possible
- Set up your fundraising page and decide on a target - don’t forget to share your goals with your guests
- Set up a virtual meeting on your preferred platform. There are several to choose from:
- Teams – or whatever platform your company uses. Probably the best option as all your office will be familiar with it
- Zoom (40 minute limit unless you have a paid account)
- Google Hangouts: this app is easy to use if you already have a Gmail account. Google Hangouts is free to use straight from your Google account.
- FaceTime: If your whole group owns iPhones or Macs, try using FaceTime
- Skype: that can be used on multiple devices from phones to Xbox consoles. You can even call and text mobile phone numbers from Skype
- Houseparty: perfect for small group game nights. Houseparty has a built-in feature where you can play games from Pictionary to Heads Up. Let the games begin!
- Decide on a theme and games. There are lots of online games you can include in your party:
- Online boardgames
- Classic party games like countdown or pictionary
Make sure your party sparkles
- Don’t forget to send out your invitations in good time: Use our template, just fill in the details of your party and send it out to your colleagues.
- Send a reminder to all your guests the day before the event. Download the party Zoom background and or print out our St John bunting
- Create a playlist with tunes to get the party started
- Introduce some sophistication by mixing up some cocktails or mocktails
- When the big day arrives, make sure you enjoy yourself!