Register your interest now for Miles Ahead - St John Ambulance's virtual walking and running challenge launching in June 2020. Be the first to hear more information and how you can get involved!
Running and walking
- Decide on how many steps, miles or minutes of walking or running you want to do either daily, weekly or monthly. It could be 3 miles a day, 100 laps around the block, 100km spread across one month or simply running a 5k one morning! Choose the challenge that best suits your ability and schedule
- Set up your JustGiving page and then link your page to your Strava account so you can log your runs and keep your sponsors updated on your progress
- Let all your friends and family know what you are doing and dont forget to share!
- Decide on how long you want to cycle each day, week or month – this could be done on an exercise bike at home if preferred
- Set up your JustGiving page and then link your page to your Strava account so you can log your rides and keep your sponsors updated on your progress
- Share with all your friends and family.
- Either host your own live workouts or commit to doing a series of sessions per week
- If you choose to host your own you can live stream your workouts each day
- Setup your JustGiving page and encourage donations before, during and after each workout
- Let all your friends and family know what you are doing and share away!
- Set yourself a challenge to run or walk up and down your stairs each day – if you're up for a challenge, you could climb the height of Mount Everest or Ben Nevis on your stairs!
- Set up your JustGiving page
- Make sure you record after each stair climb and keep friends and family updated with your progress.
- Get the whole family involved by planning an ‘Olympics’ in your home or garden
- Set up a series of different challenges or activities and time each person completing them – whoever completes the challenge the quickest is the winner!
- You could live stream a virtual medal giving ceremony to announce the winner of each challenge
- Set up a JustGiving page and let friends and family know what you are doing and share, share, share!