We’ve teamed up with Girlguiding, the largest charity for girls and young women in the UK, to develop the new First Aid skills builder badge set. This is part of Girlguiding’s newly launched revolutionised programme of badges and activities.
Activities for the new first aid badge develop skills in areas such as:
• first aid kit preparation and use,
• coping in an emergency,
• incident response and casualty care.
Girls will learn how to:
• treat minor cuts or grazes, major bleeds and shock,
• help someone having a seizure, including how to do the recovery position,
• spot and treat stroke symptoms
• create flexible first aid kits using everyday items to help in an emergency.
The First Aid skills builder has six stages, spanning across all guiding sections from Rainbows to Rangers. Girls will be awarded a badge as they complete each of the six stages.
The First Aid skills builder features among 800 new badges and activities. The new activities are all designed to equip girls and young women with the skills they need to thrive in the modern world.
We’re really pleased to have worked with Girlguiding to help develop these exciting new skills-building badges. The girls who take these badges are part of the next generation of life savers. It’s great to see the importance of first aid recognised in the new programme.
For children and teens who are very interested in first aid, you could also become a badger or cadet with St John Ambulance. You can learn more about first aid, volunteer, and learn more valuable life skills.