When a person is electrocuted, the electric current passing
through the body may stun them, causing their breathing and
heartbeat to stop. The electric current can also cause burns when
it enters the body and where it leaves.
Currents used in the workplace and at home can cause serious
injury. Incidents are generally due to faulty or loose switches,
defective appliances or frayed flexes.
Electric shock can also be caused by handling an electric
appliance with wet hands as water is a very effective conductor of
First aid at your fingertips
With thousands of training courses across the country, be the
difference between a life lost and a life saved and book now.