London Marathon and Half Marathon Walk 2018
- When: 22 September 2018
- Where: London
- Distance: 26 miles or 13 miles
- Registration fee:
- Option A: Charity place £49 marathon or £25 half marathon
- Option B: Own place £69 marathon or £49 half marathon
- Minimum sponsorship:
- Option A: Charity place £80
- Option B: Own place - no minimum sponsorship
Get your kicks on and take part in this enjoyable and rewarding
way to explore our capital city, where you will take in
world-famous sights as you tread 26 miles through London.
We have partnered with travel company Discover Adventure
for the operation of the London Marathon and Half Marathon Walk.
The theme this year is films. The route takes you pass 26 different
film locations from classics including Chariots of Fire and The
Italian Job, to James Bond and Harry Potter, Bridget Jones' Diary,
Love Actually and the Da Vinci Code.
This event is designed to be a challenge and it is vital that
you train sufficiently for it. We will supply you with a thorough
training guide once you have registered. The more training that you
do, the more you will enjoy the experience - and we want you to
have the time of your life!
There are two fundraising options available:
Option A: Charity place
- • Pay reduced registration fee of £49 for a marathon charity
place or £25 for a half marathon charity place
- • Raise a minimum of £80 - £40 will go to St John Ambulance and
£40 will go to Discover Adventure to cover the costs of the
- • Anything you raise above £80 will be donated to St John
Option B: Own place
- • Pay £69 for marathon own place or £49 for half marathon own
- • There is no minimum sponsorship target, but any funds you do
raise would be hugely appreciated.
Walking amongst famous London landmarks on the big day was
great motivation! I am really proud to have pushed myself so that
first aid can help change outcomes in emergencies.
- Jessica, walker
Already got a place?
If you already have your own place, we would love to have you on
our team. We don’t have a minimum sponsorship target, but any funds
you can raise would be hugely appreciated.
How we'll support you
We'll support you every step of the way. In return for all your
hard work and commitment, we'll provide you with:
- • Free St John Ambulance vest
- • Training plans
- • Experienced Discover Adventure leaders and support staff
throughout to manage the event safely and enjoyably
- • Marshalling stops with water and snacks
- • Packed lunch
- • Maps and route information.
For any questions, please email us or call us on 0207 324