Activity first aid
This course is ideal for people who have responsibility for
taking groups of people on activity outings such as outdoor walks
or bike rides.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for members and leaders of activity and
St John Ambulance welcomes young people from the age of
12 onto all our community first aid courses. If
under the age of 16, you must
attend with a responsible adult member of the
family or guardian (two young people per adult).
The course covers how to deal with conditions specific to
leisure and sporting activities and the outdoors.
- Communication and casualty care
- Looking after yourself
- Emergencies in public
- Extremes of temperature
- Recognition and treatment of low blood sugar
- Role of the first aider in a group setting
- Treatment of an unresponsive casualty
- Fainting, bites and stings, sprains and strains
- Head injuries, chest pains and shock
- Recognition and treatment for meningitis, poisons, seizures and
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries.
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
Is this training for me?
To learn first aid skills appropriate for use in the workplace
you should complete a
First aid at work or
Emergency first aid at work course. If you’re unsure what first
aid training is appropriate for your workplace, use our
free requirements calculator.
Reserve your place on this course