Volunteering Opportunities - Essex
Volunteering Opportunities in Essex
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We have the following opportunities available in your area: (delete as appropriate)
- Event First Aider: help us to keep the community safe while they work, rest and play by volunteering as a first aider at events.
- Youth Leadership team: train the next generation in first aid and other key life skills while having lots of fun by volunteering with our youth programmes.
- Event Doctor/Nurse or Paramedic: volunteer with us in a professional clinical capacity and gain an extra edge in your professional development (only open to registered independent practitioners).
We will make sure you will have access to a proper induction to volunteering with SJA and the training you need for the role you take on. We will also provide you with a supportive environment while you are volunteering with us. Information about our volunteer roles are included in the role descriptions. What you can expect from SJA, and what we expect from those who volunteer with us, is included in the volunteer charter.
We are looking to run a volunteering selection session on:
- Saturday 27th January 2018, 09:00-16:00 at St John Ambulance, One Fox Crescent, Chelsmford Essex. CM1 2BN
Potential volunteering locations are:
- Bishops Stortford
- Castle Point
- Frinton and Walton
- Leigh on Sea
- Little Thurrock
- Saffron Walden
- Stanway and Coggeshall
If you are successful you will need to undertake induction & training for role at these dates:
- Welcome Event (Induction) - Sunday 11th Febraury 2018, 09:00-16:00 at St John Ambulance, One Fox Crescent, Chelsmford Essex. CM1 2BN
- Training for role - Operational First Aider, 24th and 25th February and 10th and 11th March 2018, 09:00-16:00 at St John Ambulance, One Fox Crescent, Chelsmford Essex. CM1 2BN
Closing date for these opportunities is: Friday 12th January 2018
If you would like more information about these opportunities, please contact our volunteering lead, Yvette Boreham, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this opportunity please follow the link below: