Hospital Support and Discharge services
St John Ambulance provide highly motivated and professional
staff who assist trusts to reduce costs, waiting times, A&E
pressures and failed discharges by providing additional NHS
transport services and staff support.
St John Ambulance can:
- Provide a dedicated discharge ambulance to operate during peak
- Help with the avoidance of unnecessary hospital admissions
- Improve patient waiting times and overall experience
- Provide additional staff to assist in A&E
- Improve ambulance turnaround times
- Additional transport support for patients requiring end of life
St John Ambulance has been commissioned to carry out
A&E discharge transport services at County Hospital (previously
Mid Staffordshire Hospital) since February 2014, helping them
reduce their A&E waiting times and achieve their
'I have been very impressed with St John Ambulance’s can do
attitude and very effective performance. They are extremely
professional and deliver over and above expectations.
'Performance has been met throughout the service delivery period
with more than 90% of patients being collected within 15 minutes of
receiving the referral and 98% within 30 minutes.
'Additional benefits include bay cleaning, cohorting patients,
basic dressings and observations all of which benefit the hospital
and help contribute to achievement of targets. I would highly
recommend St John Ambulance.'
- Chris Oliver, Staffordshire Urgent Care Lead,
Stafford and Surrounds CCG
Contact us for more information
up to receive more information from us.
For ambulance booking enquiries:
Tel: 0303 003 0106*
For partnership development enquiries:
If you are interested in working for us have a look at our vacancies.
*Calls charged at your standard network rate. Lines are open
Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.