Brighton Homeless Service
Services available in Brighton
- • Mondays, 9am - 11:30am at the First Base Day
Centre, St Stephens Hall/Montpelier Place, Brighton BN1
- • Thursdays, 6:30pm - 7:30pm at the Mobile
Treatment Centre on Brighton seafront
- • Thursdays, 9am - 11:30am at the First Base
Day Centre, St Stephens Hall/Montpelier Place, Brighton BN1
A podiatrist is also available some Thursday evenings.
Most of our nurse consultations are for first aid, wound and
foot care, drug- and alcohol-related matters, and skin disorders.
Our nurse consultations take place during our drop-in sessions.
What we can do
- • Administer first aid
- • Treat wounds and change dressings
- • Discuss current health concerns
- • Specialised foot care with a podiatrist
- • Referrals to appropriate services
- • Give support and listen
- • Health assessments
- • Health promotion
- • Provide socks, shoes, space blankets, sun cream, and other
- • Offer support attending health care appointments.
What we cannot do
- • Prescribe medication
- • Needle exchange
- • Provide transport or accommodation
We work closely with local voluntary and statutory support
agencies and in particular with Arch Healthcare Homeless Service,
which offers GP and nurse-led primary health care to homeless
Read our full 2017 Service User Survey Report.
For more information and to enquire further please contact