Director of Fundraising
St John Ambulance and the Priory of England are recruiting for a Director of Fundraising, in this senior position you will be a member of our management team and drive the strategic development, growth and delivery of the fundraising function at St John Ambulance and the Priory of England. You will establish an ambitious programme of income generation that enhances both the charities capability to deliver First Aid and the charities reputation.
As well as leading an ambitious fundraising strategy, you will provide leadership to a successful fundraising function, while implementing changes to improve and deliver further growth from our fundraising sources.
As Director of Fundraising, you will.
- Provide organisation wide leadership of fundraising and visionary leadership for the Directorate team, recruiting, motivating and developing and ensuring the team have the requisite strength, creativity, resources, expertise, and credibility
- Lead an ambitious fundraising strategy that delivers growth in our net income from individual supporters, major donors, trusts, foundations and corporates, in line with our overall strategy
- Develop, diversify and modernise the fundraising directorate, making the business case for increased investment, with clearly executable income generation plans ensuring the organisations focus on first aid in communities, young people and volunteering is enhanced
- Develop a relevant, inspiring and impactful programme of work that builds high levels of support with our volunteers at a local, county and district level, staff across the organisation and radically increases the engagement of donors
- Motivate, develop and satisfy a wide variety and sophistication of donors, including improving the number and engagement of ambassadors and high value supporters
- Seek, develop and implement opportunities to generate income from new initiatives (such as Brand Licensing) in accordance with the necessary governance and regulatory requirements
- Continue to develop and improve third party fundraising providers to deliver the highly successful face to face fundraising scheme
As Director of Fundraising, you will have a passion for First Aid and its importance, as well as a proven track record of delivering new income generation of over £15m in a senior level role. You will have strong stakeholder management experience and will have worked previously with senior teams in developing and implementing an ambitious growth strategy.
St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people. First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2,000 employees and 18,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
To apply for this role or for a confidential conversation, please email your CV and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, click apply to upload your CV.
The closing date for this role is 25 February 2018