Services available in Hastings
The Hastings Homeless Service is an accessible, approachable, and inclusive service. It supports marginalised members of the community, including those experiencing homelessness, who find it difficult to access NHS services.
The service provides nurse-led healthcare and first aid, as well as mental health support and therapeutic listening.
Services and opening times
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have adapted our service to meet the changing needs of the community, responding to the challenges faced by our clients in accessing mainstream health services.
We are now operating from a mobile treatment centre, allowing us to take essential healthcare to homeless and vulnerably housed people across the area, as well as using our treatment room at Seaview Project, Hatherley Road, St Leonards-on-Sea TN37 6LB (view on Google maps).
Seaview clinic times:
- Tuesdays, 11:00am-1:30pm - nurse consultations and specialist foot care
- Alternate Thursdays (please contact us for dates), 10:30am-12:30pm - nurse consultations and specialist foot care
- Fridays, 12-1:30pm - nurse consultations and specialist foot care
We also provide a health outreach service fortnightly from the mobile treatment centre outside Hope Kitchen, Wellington Square Church, Wellington Square, Hastings TN34 1PN (view on Google maps). The entrance is on Albert Road, opposite Shots snooker bar.
- Alternate Saturdays (please contact us for dates), 7:30pm-9pm - nurse consultations
Clinics operate on a mainly drop-in basis. However, we are also more than happy to take referrals from agencies and see people by appointment.
As well as the above static clinics, we provide a mobile outreach service at other times in the week, covering a range of locations across Hastings and St Leonards.
Volunteer Nancy providing podiatry treatment to a client
What we can do:
- Discuss current health concerns
- Assess and dress wounds, including leg ulcers
- Provide specialist footcare
- Make referrals to other services
- Mental health support and advocacy
- Administer first aid
- Prescribe medication for minor ailments, wounds, and infections
- Offer pregnancy testing
- Give flu jabs in winter
- Provide socks, space blankets, and sun cream
- Give stop smoking support
We can't provide:
- Needle exchange
Our mobile treatment centre parked outside the Seaview Project
What our clients say:
“They totally understand your situation. They put you at ease.”
“They listened to the full story and made decisions in partnership with me.”
“Professional and friendly. Did the job. Solution focused."
“Positive energy and attitude to people who are vulnerable and down on their luck.”
2020 Service User Survey
Read our full 2020 Service User Survey.
End of Year Report
Read the full 2019 End of Year Report (pdf).
Get in touch
For more information about our Hastings Homeless Service, please get in touch.
Phone: 01424 435358