Our advice and tips on how to run your own fundraiser. If you have any questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to set up a Twitch account
- Head to the Twitch website and select "Sign up"
- Create a username, password and enter your email address
- You will then be sent a verification email with a 6-digit verification code
- Once you have verified your email, you’ll be asked to pick a few interests in order to provide you with content that you’ll enjoy on Twitch
- Your account in now complete and you may begin streaming.
How to start streaming using your Twitch account
- Download the streaming software by selecting "Download here"
- This will take you to the Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) website. Follow the instructions to download the software specific to your PC or Mac
- Accept or change the video settings according to you preference
- Copy you Primary Stream Key Link from your Twitch account when prompted. Paste this into the OBS software
- Apply the settings and you are ready to stream
- Select the profile icon in the top right corner to go the Creator Dashboard. Here you will find videos full of tips for first time streamers.
Instagram (mobile only)
- Go to the app and select the camera icon in the top left corner of the screen
- Swipe the camera options at the bottom of the screen until you get to the LIVE option
- Press the start button and your stream will begin.
Twitter (mobile only)
- Open the Twitter app and select the quill icon, as if you were writing a new tweet
- Click the camera icon
- Select the LIVE camera option
- You now have the option to add a description, location tag or invite a guest to go live with you
- When you are ready, select ‘Go LIVE’.
- Open the Facebook app. Near the status bar, there is a LIVE button
- Allow Facebook access to your camera and microphone if you haven’t done so already
- At the top left of the screen it will say "To". This is where you can control who can see your live video, whether you want to limit it to friends or make it public
- At the top right of the screen there are three dots. Select this for the option to add a donate button to your live stream for St John Ambulance. This means your audience can easily donate to us on your live stream without you having to set up a fundraising page on Just Giving or Give Penny
- You can now edit the description, add a location tag and a filter
- Click ‘Start Live Video’ to begin your live stream.
- Visit the Facebook desktop site and select the status bar
- Click on the ‘Live Video’ button
- This will now take you to a Live Video Studio, where you can connect your camera and microphone, edit the video description and tag the game you are streaming
- Once you are all connected, you will be given the option to ‘Go Live’.
Online fundraising page
Give up something
Donate as a gift
Play your part
Step-by-step fundraising guide
5 steps to organising an event
Find your fundraising idea
First things first, you’ll need to decide what kind of fundraising event you’d like to do. A great way to fundraise is to get others involved - we have lots of ideas of how you can fundraise at school or work.
If you’re unsure of what to do, take a look at our top fundraising ideas above or get in touch with us for more help and advice. We also have a free fundraising pack full of inspiring ideas.
After deciding on a date and venue, you’ll need to work out the best way for people to donate money, usually this is online. See our guide to setting up an online fundraising page above for more information on how to do this.
Also, it’s important to make sure your event is safe for everyone, so have a read of our advice on how to keep your event legal and safe below.
Promote your event
Spread the word about your amazing fundraising event on social media. Share a link to your fundraising page on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Let people know why you’ve chosen to support St John Ambulance. Provide regular event updates, and make sure you tweet @stjohnambulance and like us on Facebook. You could even get in touch with your local press!
It’s important to make sure that the funds you raise are safely paid in. If you’re raising the money via an online fundraising page, such as JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving, the money will come directly to us.
Alternatively, you can find out other ways to pay in on our make a donation page.
Well done and saying thank you
The final step - congratulate yourself on all your hard work! The money you raise will help us put our first aid trainers in schools, equip our volunteers, and run our ambulances.
Also, don't forget to thank all your wonderful supporters for their donations of time, money, and expertise.
Tips and tricks
Legal and safety advice for fundraising events
Download our sponsorship form
Planning your own fundraising event?
If you're organising your own fundraising event or just thinking about it, we'd love to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com, 03331 881201 or fill in the form