Being a Cadet
Young people aged 10-17 can join one of our Cadet units, which operate across England. Units meet once a week.
Life saving skills are at the heart of our Cadet programme. There is also the opportunity to use these first aid skills by supporting our adult volunteers at events.
Some Cadets work towards their Grand Prior's Award. As part of the Award, you'll be able to take part in a wide range of activities.
Many Cadets join St John Ambulance to gain relevant experience before pursuing a career as a paramedic or health care professional. With so many different activities to get involved with, there is something for everyone.
Some of these include:
- learning first aid and volunteering at events
- engaging in social action and helping your local community
- learning about health and wellbeing
- developing your confidence and communication skills through our Cadet leadership courses
- becoming a Peer Educator and helping to teach others first aid
- enjoying a wide range of adventurous activities on a residential summer camp.