July 6 2023: If you're one of the thousands who missed out on the London Marathon ballot this year, why not join team St John Ambulance and make a real lifesaving difference to communities across the country?
This year, the leading first aid and health charity is offering over 220 London Marathon places to anyone looking to challenge themselves in one of the most sought-after races in the world.
Those running the 26.2 miles for St John are asked to pay a £100 registration fee and raise a minimum of £2,000 – with support throughout to help meet fundraising targets.
Sophie Hill, National Challenge Events Manager for St John Ambulance said: “We take pride in making sure everyone running for St John has an unforgettable experience and is supported every step of the way.
“The marathon itself is a great example of the important impact our volunteers make across the country at events, races and in their communities. By fundraising for us, every penny will go straight back to our frontline, helping fund volunteer training and make sure they’re equipped with the latest kit– so they can continue to save more lives.”
When you run for us, you'll receive:
- Professional training support
- Access to our official Fundraising Events Facebook group where you can chat to follow runners
- Dedicated events team to support you with your training and fundraising throughout your journey.
- St John Ambulance official running vest
- Cheers of support along the route from our dedicated Cheer Points – as well as over a thousand volunteers who will be providing first aid on the day
- Post-race reception with massages, refreshments and goody bags to celebrate your achievement
- An information and training day to help you prepare for the race.
If you were lucky enough to get a ballot place in this year's London Marathon, we’d love for you to join team St John, you can register your ballot here.