How we decide what level of cover you need
These are some of the factors we will consider when looking at a quote for your event:
- Previous event data. For example, whether you've run the event before, and the previous casualty rates
- The type of event. For example, whether it’s a classical music concert or a rugby match
- Whether it is indoors or outdoors, and the type of venue
- Seated or standing audience
- Audience profile. For example, where it's families, predominantly young people, or rival factions
- Size of audience (a rough estimation of what you would need might be 2 first aiders per 1000 people)
- The kind of activity being carried out and whether it is high risk
- Time of year (this is particularly relevant to outdoor events)
You will also need to provide us with a risk assessment of your event. You can find out more on how to create a risk assessment on the Health and Safety Executive's website.
When considering what medical cover is right for your event, there are many guidelines out there to follow which might appear confusing. This is why we’ve put together a comprehensive list of event guidelines. As experts in the field with decades of experience, you can trust us to adhere to all the relevant industry guidelines in planning safe cover for your event.