Setting up a school first aid club is a great way for students and staff to come together to raise awareness of the importance of first aid and learn life saving skills.
Establish a purpose for your first aid club
Establishing a purpose for your club will help with getting people involved. Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- What do you want your club to achieve?
- What will be the benefits of your club to students, staff, and the school?
- How does the club fit in with your school's priorities?
The benefits of setting up a first aid club:
- Both students and staff can learn life saving skills.
- It's a great way for students to develop leadership and team work skills.
- It can bring together staff who wouldn't usually work together.
- You can mould your activities to suit your students and staff.