Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who are often first to arrive at a potential first aid emergency. This includes Police Officers, Firefighters, and those providing medical cover at festivals and events such as Emergency/Community First Responders, Door Supervisors, Close Protection Operatives and Security Guards. It is also suitable for those working in high risk environments including the military, power stations, agriculture and manufacturing centres.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first responder
- Assessing an incident
- Life-threatening and non life-threatening illnesses and injuries
- Assessing and managing a patient's airway
- Using an AED
- Administering emergency oxygen
- Assessing and managing trauma patients
- Catastrophic bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Compromised circulation
- Wounds and eye injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Suddden poisoning
- Head, spinal and musculoskeletal injuries
- Breathing difficulties
- Suspected major illness
- Effects of environmental exposure