Who should attend?
This course is for people wishing to renew an existing, valid First Aid at Work certificate.
If your certificate has expired you are still able to attend this course, but the HSE recommends you attend the First Aid at Work (3 day course) if more than a month has elapsed since expiry. Please note that the requalification course is an intensive course with very little practice time and designed for people whose certificate is still in date. If you do decide to attend the requalification course you will need to work at the pace of the course.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
Booking for large numbers of students? Have a look at on-site training options.
This course covers the content of the three-day First Aid at Work course in two days.
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult