Who should attend?
This course is for anyone involved in sporting activities - this could be referees, coaches or players.
Delegates must be 16 or older to attend this course.
You will need a basic command of English to attend this course. We are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, but our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
This course covers how to deal with injuries and medical emergencies that can happen during sporting activities.
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Chest pains
- Child resuscitation (CPR)
- Communication and casualty care
- Head injuries
- Heat and cold extremes
- Managing a casualty outdoors
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Primary survey
- Role of the sports first aider
- Unresponsive adult
- Unresponsive child