How to use the platform
The Online Learning Space is an area on our eLearning Platform that individuals can register to access. It is a free resource to help aid your skill retention through short interactive modules, mini courses and activities.
It also includes online modules that must be completed (as part of our blended online training courses) before you attend the second part of the courses in person at one of our training venues.
My username and password aren't working
The online learning space login details are separate from your St John Ambulance account details. You will need to create an account at https://etraining.sja.org.uk/ using the 'Register here for free' link.
If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it using the "need assistance? Reset your password link" on https://etraining.sja.org.uk/.
Do I need anything special to use it?
Users can access our online learning space if:
- You are on a Windows, Chromebook, Mac or IOS
- You view the learning in Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge
- Your device can run video and sound over HTML5 (H.264)
- Your IT department does not cache our sites
- IT ensure a connection through their proxy or firewall to:
- YOURSITEURL .clcmoodle.org/clcflex.com
Users may not be able to our online learning space if:
- Your IT Department heavily cache our addresses
- Your IT department block our addresses
- Your IT department do not whitelist our addresses
- You view the learning on Windows XP running Internet Explorer
- You may not have access to some materials without a soundcard/speakers/headphones
- You have an unreliable internet connection
- Your internet connection is less than 512kb a second
- You view the learning in Internet Explorer 6,7,8, 9, 10 & 11
- You use Safari 7 or below as they have known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.10.
Why does nothing happen when I click enter on a module?
Why does the course completion still say not started, even though I have completed the course?
How do I recieve my online certificate?
Your certificate will automatically generate once you have completed all the required modules for certain courses*. It will appear at the bottom of the course page; from here it can be downloaded and saved.
If your certificate is not generating please make sure you have completed all the required modules/ activities of the course, once a section is completed a blue tick will appear next to that module/activity.
*You will not receive a certificate for completing the below online courses:
- Blended Online First Aid at Work course
- Blended Online First Aid at Work Requalification course
- Blended Online Paediatric First Aid course
These online courses are part of blended training courses, where you complete the online section before attending a training venue to complete the course and take assessments. Only once the assessment is passed will you receive your certificate.
My certificate doesnt have a date?
How can I give feedback?
What happens to the data I share with St John Ambulance
At St John Ambulance we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. St John Ambulance will never exchange or sell your information to another organisation for their own marketing purposes.
Please note Online Learning Space is hosted by the Charity Learning Consortium on behalf of St John Ambulance.
If you would like to find out more on how St John Ambulance will store and keep your data, please contact email@example.com.