Our ambulance services
Our Ambulance Operations team treat, care for, and transport 70,000 patients across the UK every year. We are currently commissioned by a wide variety of NHS customers across England.
We provide a wide range of ambulance transport services from patient transport to fully-integrated intensive care transport. We also provide core 999 support to a number of Ambulance Trusts along with specialist Bariatric services.
Our ambulance crews work in partnership with our customers to deliver high-quality patient care where and when it's needed.
Join our team
- IHCD/AAP Technician
- Ambulance crew
Why work for St John Ambulance?
We offer a full-time permanent role where you are paid a salary, typically for working a 40-42 hour week.
As a paramedic, instead of a standard rota, you will work on a Job Plan, which means you will support the NHS and our customers on paramedic shifts. You'll also be working at events to provide clinical paramedic support and attending or delivering clinical training to our people.
If you have 2 years post-registration experience, we will provide funding support to achieve a BSc or Masters, including study leave.
We also provide:
- a close-knit working environment
- a commitment to a good work-life balance
- access to continous professional development
- a health and mental wellbeing portal with a wide range of discounts, confidential financial support, and physical health and mental health services
- 25 days paid holiday, with 8 bank holidays, and additional pay for overtime and unsociable hours.