Who should attend?
This course is for members of the public who want to know what action to take in any emergency, and how to deal with accidents and injuries.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
The course covers emergency life support procedures for adults, children and infants.
- Adult, child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Chest pain
- Choking adults, children, and babies
- Communication and casualty care
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond
- Defibrillator pad placement
- Primary survey
- Severe bleeding
- Unresponsive adults, children, and babies