From September, we will no longer by running this course. It will be replaced by our Blended Online Paediatric First Aid course.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working with young children and those working towards an early years educator qualification. This includes:
- people working in day nurseries
- people working in private nursery schools
- people working in pre-schools
- people working in before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group
- carers of children at home.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
Booking for large numbers of students? Have a look at on-site training options.
This course will cover the following:
- Allergic reaction
- Bites and stings
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Childhood conditions
- Choking baby
- Choking child
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Foreign objects
- Head injuries
- Heat and cold extremes
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive baby
- Unresponsive child