Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid. It is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments, such as small offices.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
Booking for large numbers of students? Have a look at on-site training options.
This course provides basic life saving first aid skills and knowledge of workplace health and safety regulations, covering:
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Burns and scalds
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Unresponsive adult