Healthy Badger covers elements of how the human body works and what Badgers need to do to be healthy and stay healthy - in particular, food choices and the need for regular exercise.
It also covers basic hygiene and what Badgers can do to prevent the spread of bacteria and infections.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- develop a healthy lifestyle
- deepen their understanding of how the body works
- find out why a balanced, healthy diet is important
- discover what makes a diet balanced and healthy, including the importance of hydration
- look at their own diet and decide if they can be healthier
- understand why being active is part of being healthy, especially for their heart, lungs, muscles, joints and bones
- enjoy being active and develop an active lifestyle
- learn the importance of warming up and cooling down
- get hands-on experience of hand washing
- keep healthy by looking after their teeth, hair and skin
- know the importance of clean clothes
- discover the world of germs, and the role of good personal hygiene is staying healthy
- learn about the brain
- find out how to get a good night’s sleep
- practise relaxation techniques
- have fun while being healthy!