Helpful Badger is about understanding that helping others is part of everyday life. Badgers will find out how they can help people and causes in their area.
It also covers basic hygiene and what Badgers can do to prevent the spread of bacteria and infections.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- understand why charities, including St John Ambulance, rely on fundraising
- participate in a fundraising activity
- learn about local good causes
- think about how they are already helpful and ways they could be more helpful
- help at home, at school and in the Sett
- develop new skills to help themselves and others
- change their habits to become more helpful
- see that being helpful is fun!