To participate in a run or a challenge event (‘Event’) you must agree the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the agreement between St John Ambulance (‘SJA’) and you, as a participant.
- I understand that the Event is not organised by SJA but by a third party (‘Event Organiser’). It is my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by Event Organisers and to comply with these.
- I confirm that I am medically fit and that I participate in the Event at my own risk. SJA accepts no liability for any injury or illness resulting from my participation in the Event.
- I understand that the registration fee is non-refundable, and my Charity Place is non-transferable. I also understand the registration fee does not contribute to my fundraising target.
- I will do my best to raise money for SJA in connection with my participation in the event and understand that I will be required to agree to raise at least a specified fundraising target if I have accepted a Charity Place.
- Gift Aid does not count towards my fundraising target.
- I understand that if I am required to reach a target and do not reach it, SJA has the right to revoke my place.
- Any money I raise for SJA will be treated as a donation. Donations are not generally refundable, even if for whatever reason I fail to take part in or withdraw from the event.
- I will carry out any fundraising by lawful means and in accordance with the fundraising guidelines which will be sent to me after I have successfully registered with SJA.
- I will hold all funds that I raise for SJA’s work on trust for SJA and pay them to SJA as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 6 weeks after the date(s) on which the Event is scheduled to take place.
- I understand that there may be photography or video at the Event and that this may be used by St John for marketing purposes. If I do not want my image to be used in this way I will let St John staff know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that the Event is cancelled for any reason, SJA will notify each participant as soon as possible, and if a participant wishes to claim a refund of its registration fee, the participant must notify SJA of this in writing within 15 days by e-mailing email@example.com .
- If SJA does not receive a written request from any participant for a refund in accordance with paragraph 13 above, SJA will treat the Participant’s Registration Fee as a donation to the work of SJA.
- In the event of a change of the Event date, participants will have the right:
within 15 days of receiving notice of the change to withdraw from the Event and request in writing a refund of their Registration Fee; or
ii. where possible transfer their registration to a future date.
- By registering to participate in the Event, I confirm that I agree to all the terms and conditions set out above.
- Many thanks for your support and good luck with your fundraising!