When a formal complaint has been received we will decide how it should be reviewed. Complaints will be directed to an appropriate manager either locally or nationally to review. Some types of complaint will be directed to a specialist department, for example:
- Clinical complaints will be directed to our Clinical Team (who may need to refer the matter on, for example to the NHS)
- Fundraising complaints will be directed to our Fundraising Team
- Customer complaints (about our commercial services) will be directed to our Customer Services Team
- Safeguarding complaints will be directed to our Safeguarding Team
- Complaints relating to legal action will be directed to our Legal Team
If your complaint has been referred externally (e.g. to the NHS) the third party will respond to you. Otherwise our nominated Reviewer will contact you to identify themselves and to summarise the steps they will be taking, with estimated timeframes.
Once the Reviewer has completed their investigation, they will write to you to inform you of their decision, and whether the charity will be taking any specific action (the Reviewer will also indicate how, if necessary, you can Appeal their decision).