About our apprenticeships
St John Ambulance is a Royal Chartered charity with 22,000 employees and volunteers active in communities across the country. Our educational programmes are founded on many decades of experience, educating workplace, public and voluntary sector learners. Our apprenticeships enable all to access our expertise to educate learners to the highest standards for skills that can be practically applied to real life situations.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
Our current apprenticeship programmes are:
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Customer Service Specialist Level 3
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3
- Operations / Department Manager Level 5
- Learning and Skills Teacher Level 5
- Learning and Development Practitioner Level 3
- Learner and Development Consultant / Business Partner Level 5
- Adult Care Worker Level 2 (Coming soon)
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 (Coming soon)
- Leader in Adult Care Level 5(Coming soon)
If you're interested in our apprenticeship programmes, please Get in touch
Why choose us as your apprenticeship delivery partner?
St John Ambulance has a number of different aspects to Apprenticeships, we provide online systems (APTEM and BKSB) that allow on-boarding easier and remote. Our systems are integrated and support a blended approach to teaching and learning, assessment and verification as well as tracking progress.
St John Ambulance are unique in our approach as programmes are designed around the employer, addressing core values and objectives and building delivery that meets the needs of your workplace, this includes assessments of delegates ‘personal development plans’ and looking at development through professional growth.
Our apprenticeships also allow delegates to train as First Aiders, Mental Health First Aiders and Safeguarding Personnel Allso, depending on the programme, delegates can also work towards Managing Health and Safety (Management programmes), Immediate Life Support and Community First Response (Health programmes).
- Are professionally relevant: We work with institutes to ensure our apprenticeships deliver relevant expertise aligned to professional bodies and industry.
- Have immediate impact: Our practical approach means your employees learn and return to the office able to immediately apply their new knowledge.
- Include resilience: An organisational capability review looks at the current attributes and skills gaps within a business. We can then recommend programmes to align to this.